Comic-styled Raphael

Original figure on the left, custom figure on the right. I basically just added all the black outlining. Although I also cut the middle toe off for the classic two-toed look. A coat of matte finish made it so that the figure wouldn't be so shiny and plastic-looking. 


Original figure on the left, custom figure on the right. Aside from the outlines, I also sculpted in the backs of the knee pads. Playmates Toys didn't sculpt any in for some reason.


Front view.


Right side view.


Back view.


Left side view.


I also painted his weapons. The handles of the sais were wrapped in thin red ribbon and then the black outlines were painted on. I would have simply painted the handles, but the weapons are cast in a slightly waxy plastic and the paint can rub off fairly easily. The ribbon is a much more durable option.

Action pose!