Digital illustration. This was completely drawn in Photoshop using a Wacom tablet. A fitting tribute to Erik Bauersfeld who originally voiced Admiral Akbar and just passed away.

I also animated it in Adobe After Effects. All movable parts were drawn on separate layers in Photoshop so that they could be edited and moved in After Effects.


I haven't drawn in a while, so I decided to pick it up again. To start, I made some celebrity caricatures. Here's Ted Danson as he appeared on Cheers (Sam 'Mayday' Malone), and Jim Parsons as he appears on Big Bang Theory (Sheldon Cooper).

Custom Xenomorph

This is a custom ALIENS Xenomorph. I combined the top half of NECA's Warrior Alien figure, and the bottom half of NECA's Isolation Alien figure.

My original warrior had severely warped legs and all the usual fixes didn't work. So when the newer Isolation figure was released with the bird-jointed legs (the Warrior just has normal human-jointed legs) I snatched it up. Both figures use the same base body, so I just popped the ball jointed waist apart and swapped the pieces. The lower half was originally brown so I had to do a full repaint to match the blue torso. I also smoothed out a few seem lines in the head, and replaced the neck joint with a better one to improve mobility.

Here are the original figures. The brown Isolation and the blue Warrior.

Lego B-wing mod

Lego has made three different Minifigure-scale B-wings over the years, and they ALL suffer from one sided center wings. I've been trying to fix this for a few years and finally got one that works. Or at least it should... I've only designed and built it in Lego Digital Designer so far. So it hasn't yet been tested. But as soon as I get the pieces, I'll post the results.

The top half is basically the same as in set #75050, but the entire center wing and it's connection points are completely designed and built myself.

Here is a turnaround of the center wing.


Here is a commissioned drawing of Iron-Man I did for a co-worker...

Here is the outline.

And the final color.

Custom Harley Quinn

I'm not a big fan of most of the Harley Quinn designs going around so I decided to make my own. Here's my take on a more punk-styled Harely... think Harley Quinn meets Tank Girl (but with more clothes).

Here is the original figure. I used a DC Collectables "New 52" Harely.

And here's my custom. I hand-sculpted the pants and jacket with some Aves Fixit Sculpt and gave the figure a complete repaint. I still have to add her signature diamond pattern to the right thigh and I also plan on adding some tattoos made from custom printed water-slide decals (although I've never used water-slide decals before, so I'm going to practice a bit before attempting to add them to this custom).

Arkham Asylum Joker

This is the Joker figure from the Arkham Asylum video game. It's mostly just a repaint, although I did mod a few things and I scratch-built ALL of his weapons.

The gun was completely scratch-built from sheets of styrene. The flag on the end is removable. The teeth were sculpted in Sculpey clay, baked, and painted.

Here is the character model from the game.

The original figure is on the left, my cuctom is on the right. The figure was mostly kept the same colors, but I did add a dark wash to his suit to add shadows to the wrinkles. A dark brown wash was added to the yellow vest. The fingers on his right hand were heated and bent into a holding position, and both hands were painted white. His head was completely repainted and I altered the look of his makeup, making it look a little more sloppy.

And here is a closeup of the teeth.

"Cute Polar Bear"

It was requested that I draw a "cute polar bear"... this is the result.

Bumblebee Animated GIF

I animated this in stop-motion first, and then traced over it as pixel art in Photoshop. So here's an animated transforming Bumblebee.

Custom Bombshell

Continuing my classic Transformers figures, here's the Insecticon Bombshell. The figure got a full repaint as well as a scratch-built weapon.

All purple sections were repainted in a slightly darker purple, all grey sections were painted silver, all black sections were painted in a dark mix of silver and black, and all yellow sections were painted in gold and then covered in a custom mix of Tamiya clear yellow and red for a metallic orange look. I then added tiny bits of silver to the edges to simulate a worn and grimy look.

Insect mode...
Original figure right side.

Custom figure right side.

Original figure back.

Custom figure back.

Original figure left side.

Custom figure left side.

Original figure front.

Custom figure front.

Original figure top.

Custom figure top.

Original figure bottom.

Custom figure bottom.

Robot mode...
Original figure front.

Custom figure front.

Original figure right side.

Custom figure right side.

Original figure back.

Custom figure back. I also used some modeling putty to fill in the large gap in his back.

Original figure left side.

Custom figure left side.

Here are all the pieces used to make the gun. A plastic silly straw, plastic cap, and plastic brush protector tube.

Here are all the pieces glued together.

And then painted.

A perfect fit.